The itineraries suggested in the “What to do in” section, depending on the duration of your stay at the Court of Zizi or at the Court of Cernobbio and on the age of your children, collect various ideas for organizing a day outdoors.
In addition to this, under the sycamores of Piazza Risorgimento in Cernobbio we point out an equipped playground area, where the little ones can play while their parents are having a drink or a quick lunch at Onda, one of the restaurants recommended by us.
If you are in Como instead you can stop at the “Gardens at the lake”, located near the Tempio Voltiano and the Monument to the Fallen, a stone’s throw from the promenade of the Diga Foranea.
What to do with the little ones in Cernobbio and Como, if it rains
- Museum of the Toy Horse (Grandate): the first and only museum in the world dedicated to toy horse, easily accessible; at the nearby Chicco Village there is an equipped nursery, with beds and changing tables for the care of small children.
- Rocca di Angera with its museums (towards Lake Maggiore, 1 hour from Como): the historic building hosts the Doll Museum and of Toy, the largest in Europe, to frame it there is the Medieval Garden and a breathtaking view from the bastions of the fortress.
- Fattoria Pasquè (Bernate – Varese): the activities of the farm are divided into livestock production, the agriturismo and didactics. Even in bad weather it is a pleasant place because the areas of greatest interest are covered by canopies and the pedestrian area is paved with bricks in order to avoid the formation of mud.
- Kids Park (Como, via Pasquale Paoli): large play area indoor equipped, with mini bike and car track, to have fun in safety.
What to do with the little ones in Milano, if it rains
If you find yourself visiting Milan following one of our itineraries and would like to plan an activity dedicated to the little ones, we suggests the most popular ones :
- Laboratories of the Museum of Science and Technology;
- Natural History Museum, with laboratories;
- MUBA: the Children’s Museum;
- Planetarium, which suits best kids who are 8 or older;
- Civic Aquarium, for the whole family.
What to do with the little ones in Ticino, if it rains
If you would like to take advantage of proximity of the Court of Zizi and the Court of Cernobbio to Switzerland, you can take advantage of sunny days to visit Lugano or, in case of bad weather, be inspired by these activities: